Tuesday, April 11, 2023

My Favourite Picks of the Fall-Winter 2011 Collection

  • The Awesome Bags
I was at Style.com browsing through the list of designers and MY GOODNESS if I were to blog about all the designer labels here, it would take me forever! So here are my favourite picks, from my favourite designer labels.

And lets start off with my favourite label, Fendi! Unfortunately, this is the only bag I liked from the runway. The good thing is that, the moment I saw this, it was at the top of my list. And just the colour I want, yellow! :)

Salvatore Ferragamo. Lol I'm actually hunting for a big bag or a huge briefcase so that I can stuff my laptop and college books for college and work too. This bag caught me as it's a crocodile skin briefcase. Oooh the price tag!

3.1 Phillip Lim. This label is growing on me, and it gets better after I saw this bag on a fashion blog. This one's a little too long though, but there are shorter ones which are on sale online now!

Of Celine and simple, solid colour, elegant bags. And not to forget the simplest shape too!

Including these 2. Very simple, yet stylish.

"Goodbye John Galliano!" says the models as they swing these snake-skin Dior New-Lock bags.

And it comes in green ostrich too.

Another yellow bag! :D This collection, I shall call it, "The Return of the Lockit".

Drool-worthy metallic crocodile-skin Lockit bags.

What I think of Louis Vuitton is that, their bags are VERY seasonal. What i'm trying to say here is, say for example, the 3.1 Phillip Lim bag above, if you use that in say ... 2013 it still looks good and it won't be outdated as the shape and the colour isn't very "seasonal". Whereas for Louis Vuitton if you use a seasonal LV bag for a few seasons, it'll get outdated the moment a new collection is introduced.

Unless your bank account allows you to buy multiples of them, you may go ahead and purchase them. But if you're just a mere mortal like me, who needs to save up a year just to get a Peekaboo bag, I advice to stick to the classics.

Valentino + snake-skin = Beautiful bags (with hefty price tag inside).

I'm quite upset with Prada. There were NONE that made me fall off my chair, but at least there were 2 that was a little above average.

Bottega Veneta is no stranger to exotic skin bags, especially snake! I personally LOVE both bags above. The one on the left has a very lasting shape, and yet very convenient without any complicated-looking shape. LOL! The one of the right reminds me of Mulberry's Alexa (which I have on my list more than a year already). As I said, I would get it only if I'm able to purchase multiples of it, because of the colour, it looks very seasonal.

Emilio Pucci! This bag caught my eye since last season as they released it in black, grey and blue suede. I personally saw it in person, but was afraid to go in to see it as there was another rich-looking customer there. The second time I went in the bag was sold out already. Never hesitate to step in!

I wouldn't mind to spend on the 2 bags above. Love all the minute details on the bag.

It also comes in a more stunning colour (left) and haircalf (right). Nice!

And after a looooong browse-through, I've decided that my favourite bags are from...

VERSACE ~

The next IT bag from Versace is the one above, and 9 different ones that was carried down the runway. The medallion-like hardware on the bag reminds me of the "Hysteria" collection by Gucci.

Anyway, the first 2 types are the ones with a stripe in the middle.

Oooooh~ This one's really special. Quilted leather with beautiful floral desing on it. The bag looks exceptionally beautiful in both colours!

Snake-skin version looks equally stunning in both black and blue.

The moment I saw the red one, I went, "Oh my God". Forget about other bags, just get this red one and the whole world will notice you. If you don't like the attention, then the black one is perfect for you.

Last but not least, in fact, the best...

Crocodile skin. The most elegant combination, maroon and gold. I'm speechless.

From what I see from Versace's collection, the colours are not very seasonal, especially the black ones, very classic. Whereas the shape might last a few seasons. This one will worth every single penny.

Conclusion : This season the main focus is all on exotic skin and striking colours. So start saving up if one of these bags made it onto your list!

p.s : Chanel was also another one that was really disappointing!

No comments: