Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Yves Saint Laurent Muse

  • YSL's Iconic Bag
When someone mentions Yves Saint Laurent, what comes to your mind? I'm sure for true fashionistas, the first thing that comes to their minds is of course, the one and only iconic Muse.

But sadly in Malaysia, YSL is not very popular among the ladies. I RARELY see ladies carrying YSLs around, in fact, I only saw one lady carrying a grey croc-embossed Muse and I have doubts about its authenticity. Lol.

So anyway, as I received an email from YSL yesterday, they introduced the new fall collection and it happened the email had a photo of several Muse.

Basically, the Muse comes in 2 sizes, the Large Muse (17" X 11" X 5") and the Oversized Muse (18" X 16" X 5").

As for now, they have 5 different types of Muse which is the classic leather Muse, the patent Muse which comes only in black, the croc embossed suede Muse, the metallic leather Muse and the leopard Muse.

As you can see in the picture above, the 2 bags at the top left corner is the black patent. The smaller picture is the oversized one which retails for US$1,450 and the larger picture is the large Muse which retails for US$1,350.

The classic leather Muse has the most choices among the rest of the types of Muse.

The large leather Muse comes in 10 different colours which as seen above which is Pink, Ivory, Cognac, Navy, Red, Brown, and not in the photo, Olive, Mauve, Grey and Black. Each one retails for US$1,450.

The oversized one comes in Black, Grey, Brown, Ivory, Pink and Navy and retails for US$1,550 each.

For me I feel that if you want something that'll last for a long time, you should pick basic colours such as black, brown or ivory. But if you want to follow the season's colour now, you can either pick the Navy or the Red.

But if I would to pick one, I would definitely go for the Olive as it is not a very common colour, but yet it is a lasting one. As I said how I loved Olive to go with golden hardware, fortunately this Olive Muse comes with golden hardware. And US$1,550 for an Iconic leather bag is reasonable ok!

If you are one person who need all the attention, then the metallic leather Muse is the one for you. The metallic Muse comes only in one size which is the oversized one. It comes in shiny silver and gold and retails for US$1,450. I'm fine with this one as the metallic colour is shiny and not too striking. I wouldn't have to blink my eyes too often too.

Everyone's striving to get exotic skin bags nowadays. If you want to have an exotic looking bag without harming any animals, then the croc-embossed suede Muse is the one for you. It comes only in large size and retails at a lil bit higher price which is US$1,695. It comes only in 2 colours, which is grey and beige. Hmmm...not too sure about the colour, but it might grow on me. Maybe the grey one looks better if I would to see it in person.


Last but not least, in fact, the best part, Leopard Muse! Fortunately, it comes in both large and oversized and retails for US$2,395 and US$2,495 respectively. It's made of printed calf leather and too add some striking detail to it, the golden hardware definitely stands out from the striking pattern of the bag.

If you're one of those who follows the season's trend, the Leopard Muse is a must-have!

If you noticed, the difference of price of the 2 sizes is US$100 for each type of Muse. This shows that the question here is not about the worth of the bag, like, some people might say, for an extra US$100 I'd rather pay for the oversize one. But the thing here is about which one suits you more, and how you would like to carry it.

The large one is more suitable to be carried on the shoulder as it has a longer handle while the oversized one is better hung on the elbow or hand-carried. So, it's not about the worth factor, it's about which size suits you and how you want to carry it.

As a conclusion, I feel that an average price of US$1,500 for a leather iconic bag is definitely worth the penny and it is of course a good investment. Who knows, you can even pass it down to your daughters or your grand-daughters!

Goodnight.

12 comments:

Stylicious Fashionista said...

IMHO, the Muse is Passe... hence the Muse 2. But the Muse 2 kinda reminds me of Fendi's "Magic" bag from about 5 yrs ago...

Stylicious Fashionista said...

Heya Jeremy! posting about YSL Asia-only Limited Editions on my blog tmrw (Saturday Aug 21 2010)! Drop by! LOL It's available at Pavilion. only 6 left. I want the pink oneeee very reasonably priced tooo for YSL!

Soon Jeremy said...

Stylicious Fashionista :

For me, i feel that the Muse is not so common nowadays, making it look very outdated, but I wouldn't really say that it's passe yet as it's still the house icon.

As for the Must 2, it has that younger youthful design (and yeah very similar to the Fendi Magic, the round golden hardware, single handle, top flap, and 2 side leather strips), but I don't think it has reached the "house icon" kind of level yet. Maybe later in the year or next year.

And LOL thank God you mentioned about the YSL Asia-only limited piece because I would be going to pavilion tomorrow! Thanks! =D

And thx for your opinions =)

Stylicious Fashionista said...

Well, the Stam is MJ's house icon too, but I think that too is passe. But that's just my opinion, lol.

Muse 2 younger and youthful? I think it looks more mature, on par with the Peekaboo. LOL

Booked your peekaboo yet?

Soon Jeremy said...

Stylicious Fashionista :

The stam looks nice, but I rarely see ladies carying it though. I guess all these house icon bags becomes passe because of its design which doesn't last long.

And coming to think of it, i found out that simplicity is one of the major factor of a ouse icon bag.

For example, the LV Speedy or the Gucci Boston and so is the Neverfull, it's a bag so simple and convenient that almost every lady has one! And the Birkin, it also looks very simple and it has been like what, since 1980s? And still people are carrying it! Oh and not to forget the Speedy has been around since 1930s =)

Oh and yeah of course I did booked it =D

Stylicious Fashionista said...

Well, tbh, the Birkin is quite impractical. All bags with handles on their flaps are! LOL

Try putting your arm through the handle and opening the bag, your whole bag will bounce open for all the world to see...

Stylicious Fashionista said...

Oh and how did you find the LE YSL Roady Colorama on your Pavilion trip yesterday?

Stylicious Fashionista said...

oh oh oh sorry for spamming your wall, but I got invited to independent bloggers conference @ NY Fashion week!!!! =D

Soon Jeremy said...

Stylicious Fashionista:

LOL bounce open hahaha! I like that quote XD

And no lol I had not enough time to go back to pavilion to walk because I was in Fendi for 3 hours! Lol. And I was rushed to go back =(

And no worries, this is not a spam lol and Wow! congrats! Go, come back and blog about it! =D And take nice photos ya!

Stylicious Fashionista said...

Unfortunately, I don't think I can go due to work commitments. And Fashion's Night Out is supposed to be phenomenal this year!!

Boohoo. Sigh maybe next year... =(

Stylicious Fashionista said...

Oh I don't know if you've heard of Reebonz, the members only sample sale website that has DAILY SALES on luxury stuff at discounted prices. They're having a YSL event today. Lots of Muse bags there. Click Here for your invitation.! =)

Oh and i replied to your comment on my blog. =D

Soon Jeremy said...

Stylicious Fashionista :

Aww, yeah there's always a next year.

And about Reebonz, haha actually I'm on that website 24/7. It really excites me to see all the sales and discounts especially from Fendi, Gucci, Miu Miu and YSL.

But what I think about that website is that, they kind of cheat the people. For example, the Peekaboo. I can get the Peekaboo form RM7,700 at StarHill while they're putting up the price of RM9000+ before discount.

Reebonz usually mark up the price higher and then give discounts that are slightly lower than the original price. But sometimes there are bags that are really discounted to a low price.