Tuesday, April 11, 2023

The Best Valentine's Gifts

  • Costly, but What a Beauty!
Ok Valentine's Day has officially arrive in Malaysia as I type (probably for Innit readers it would be yesterday) and my thoughts on the colour of Valentine's Day is RED! No such thing as black or green as the new red. No such thing!

So here are some of my favourite and best picks for this year's Valentine's Day gifts for the ladies (sorry guys but do you need a gift? Not that much right?).

Shoes.

When I think of shoes, immediately the name JIMMY CHOO comes to my mind, and this beauty, Lace, is my favourite pick among all the red shoes! Peep toe and strap are all in red patent leather. It's a very Mary-Jane-esque shoe which every women MUST have. This 3.9 inches high heels retails for €365.

Voila! One of Yves Saint Laurent's iconic heels.

And also another even more famous iconic heels. Both are made in red leather, both are equally high at 5 inches tall with 1.5 inches platforms, both are the BOMB! (I use to say YSL heels are the SEX! LOL!) And both retails for USD795. I think this one's worth investing for your Valentine.

Besides shoes, what other stuff do women want? Bags of course! And when it comes to the perfect bags, Dior and Chanel are the first ones to pop into my mind.

These 2 bags are from Chanel's Spring-Summer 2011 pre-collection. The top one is a perforated patent leather with woven details. I guess the price would be very high as the work done here is also very complicated! The bottom one is a matte python skin Classic Flap and I also know that this would come with a very hefty price tag.

But to some people, as the seasons pass by, those bags would be so "last season" to them. So if you don't want your Valentines to be made fun of, you should get something classic from a permanent collection. Like the ones below.

Dior. Nothing has more red and shine that Dior's very own Lady Dior bags. The top one is the Grand Sac Lady Dior in red patent leather. Seriously, if I have the money I would have gotten one for myself! It retails for €2100. Well for the bottom one, it's obviously in crocodile skin (oh my look at how shiny the skin is!) and it is BLOODY RED (awesome), this is the smaller Lady Dior and it retails at a hefty €15,000. Well, your Valentine might even marry you if you get it for her!

What I think here is, Lady Dior is a little matured for the young women, and is more suitable for the elderly women or very sophisticated women. If you want a perfect classic bag that can be used for a long time, I would recommend...

The Red grained calf-skin Chanel Classic Flap. Although it's from the Cruise 2011 collection, but I feel that any classic bag design in any solid single colour would be considered as a CLASSIC bag that can be used for a long time, and not just for the season. So if I were a girl, (and if my Valentine could afford) this would be my final pick. Just beautiful.

Something a little off red...

Is the crazy SKY HIGH Miss America from Christian Louboutin. Just stunningly crazily beautiful. It's all leather, it's 6 inches high (with 2 inches platform), and it's definitely worth USD775.

Last but not least, this is what women would be happy to die after receiving it.
















Or maybe after a few years of wearing it. Tiffany's most expensive ring online. The 12-carat D-colour VVS round diamond, surrounded by G-coloured VVS-VS grade up to 0.42 carats. The thing is, are you willing to fork out USD2.1 Million?

Happy Valentine's Day.

2 comments:

Stylicious Fashionista said...

didn't wanna say this on my blog but, lol the Lady Dior is very impractical. The zipper opening is a hassle - the opening is too short, making it hard to retrieve your stuff from your bag! but I don't think the Lady D will work on a guy though tbh! As for the Luggage Tote - love it on a guy! It's a totally unisex bag!! Btw replied to your comment on my blog re Celine Luggage ;D

Soon Jeremy said...

SF : owh okay...yeah I heard about the opening, many scratched their bag. I saw the Luggage Tote again today! :D *loves*